Undertake our acclaimed Yoga Therapy Training so you can make a difference, gain more confidence and take your teaching to the next level with our Graduate Certificate in Yoga Therapy. When you undertake our training, you will learn a proven framework that you can apply to anyone who comes to you and you’ll learn to apply your tool kit of yoga practices so you can develop a self-empowering, therapeutic program that is appropriate to the needs to your students and clients.
You know how students come to you with health problems like back pain, cancer, anxiety, depression, injuries and sometimes you’re not confident that you can teach them safely and effectively? Do you lack the skills and knowledge to work 1 to 1 and to work therapeutically? Then now is the time to undertake our acclaimed Yoga therapy training!
Yoga Therapy Course Overview
- You will develop a deep connection with your Yoga students and be able to use Yoga to help them heal in a more individualised way
- Your training with be hands on, practical and experiential
- You will learn from some of Australia’s leading Yoga therapy educators, Sal Flynn, Trish David, Louise Godfrey and Liz Williams.
- Learn how yoga can be used as therapy, using sound scientific and yogic principles
- You will gain more confidence so you can work with anyone, no matter what health conditions they have
- You will be one of only 20 students and you will receive personalised attention within a small group setting
- After completing this qualification, you will join the ranks of the small but growing number of highly qualified Yoga therapists in Australia and be at the leading edge of this emerging profession
- Your qualification will be accredited with Yoga Australia and the Australasian Association of Yoga Therapists
- You will have a pathway to becoming a C-IAYT – a certified Yoga therapist with the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT). We are a member school with IAYT.
Yoga Therapy Institute has conducted the Graduate Certificate in Yoga Therapy since 2012, making this one of the longest running yoga therapy training courses in Australia. During this time we have trained over 250 Yoga Therapists through this highly acclaimed training program. The course has been delivered 21 times already.
Learn therapeutic approaches to –
- anxiety and depression, addictions and trauma
- nervous system disorders, such as, multiple sclerosis
- bone diseases, such as osteoporosis
- digestive issues, such as, IBS, colitis
- women’s health
- metabolic disorders, such as, diabetes, obesity
- reproductive and urinary disorders, such as, menopause, PCOS
- auto-immune diseases, such as, rheumatoid arthritis, Chronic Fatigue
- lower back problems
- ankle and foot problems
- shoulder, elbow and wrist problems
- hip and knee joints, including hip replacements
- and many, many more health conditions
“The teaching on the course really is exceptional. I have developed the skills to work confidently in a therapy environment.”Suzanne Ellis, Yoga Teacher NSW
You will learn to use the following therapeutically:
- yogic nutrition
“I have immersed myself in a deeper understanding of yoga and its wide spread benefits. I have the knowledge to confidently treat people with a variety of presenting needs. The teachers offer a high level of wisdom and experience and the course gives an opportunity to share and learn from your peers and their traditions.”Tracey Whiting, Yoga Teacher NSW
This course is a for Yoga teachers. If you are not a Yoga teacher, you cannot enrol in this course.