Learn how Yoga can be used as a therapeutic tool to manage anxiety and enhance feelings of well-being with Dr. Shirley Telles, leading international Yoga therapist, medical doctor, neurophysiologist, and world famous Yoga researcher, in this workshop on Yoga Therapy for Anxiety.
Generalized anxiety is increasingly common in people across the age span despite them having very different life circumstances. When Yoga practices are practiced correctly, they can be very useful to alleviate anxiety and promote a sense of well being.
Yoga Therapy can assist our clients/students to change the way they live so they can:
• learn tangible ‘tools’ to self-regulate anxiety
• increase positive feelings and reduce negative ones
• increase self-acceptance and cope better with their life circumstances
YOU WILL LEARN:
• Evidence-based Yoga practices to help your clients/students manage anxiety
• Updated scientific research about yoga and anxiety management
• Philosophical principles including, the yogic perspective on anxiety
• Lifestyle changes, including diet and level of activity
THE WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
• Presentation with slides (40 mins)
• Q&A (15 mins)
• Practice session (25 mins)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Yoga therapists seeking to expand their knowledge
• Yoga teachers who wish to assist their students
• Medical doctors, health professionals and complementary therapists who want to use evidence-based, Yoga practices in their work
• Yoga researchers seeking to learn about the latest research into Yoga and Anxiety
Benefits of attending the Yoga Therapy for Anxiety online workshop:
• Learn from Dr. Shirley Telles, world leading expert on Yoga
• Learn practical tools and techniques that you can apply immediately with your students and clients
• Educate yourself about the safest and most effective way to teach Yoga to your clients with anxiety
• Deepen your knowledge of Yoga as a therapeutic practice
• Yoga teachers are eligible for 1.5 hours towards their Continuing Professional Development points
The recording is available for you to view for 30 days in your own time.
Length: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cost: $79 including GST