Diabetes and Yoga Workshop with Liz Williams
In this Diabetes and Yoga workshop, you will learn about the condition and the most beneficial, evidence-based, Yoga interventions that can assist those with diabetes.
Diabetes is a chronic condition with high levels of Blood Glucose in the blood. There are several different types of diabetes and the long-term complications are often the same. We will review all types of diabetes in this workshop and all age groups.
In 2020, the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) reported that 1 in 20 (almost 1.3 million) Australians have a diagnosis of diabetes. This does not include the estimated 2 million Australians with undiagnosed pre-diabetes.
Lifestyle interventions, such as Yoga, can have a major effect on the impact of diabetes. And can lead to a reduction of many of the disease’s chronic side effects. A daily Yoga practice has been shown to greatly assist with the negative, long term physical and psychological issues of living with diabetes.
You will Learn:
- About the complex pathology involved with the maintenance of a stable Blood Glucose Level (BGL) and why it’s so important
- How Diabetes is diagnosed, including pathology tests used in the diagnosis and management of diabetes
- About the different types of diabetes
- How the body uses blood glucose
- About the physical complications of diabetes
- About the psychological toll of living with diabetes
- About the conventional medical treatment of diabetes
- The benefits of a Yoga program, including a review of the evidence
- The most beneficial Yoga interventions to assist your clients who have diabetes
Find out why it is so important that Yoga teachers and Yoga therapists learn about diabetes in this short video with Liz Williams.
Diabetes and Yoga Workshop
Each of the three modules of this workshop include:
- 45 minutes – Presentation and discussion of relevant Yoga Practices
- 15 minutes – Q&A
Thank you for another informative, professional and comprehensive workshop. I deeply appreciated the background knowledge, informed by the latest research and how to apply this in practice. Liz William’s extensive understanding of the subject matter, combined with her very practical, accessible approach to yoga made this workshop a highly valuable resourceLinda Hunt, YTI Yoga therapist and Occupational Therapist
Who Should Attend?
- Yoga therapists, Yoga teachers and Yoga teacher trainees
- Medical doctors, health professionals and complementary therapists who want to use Yoga practices to assist their clients
The Diabetes and Yoga Workshop was an incredibly informative and well-structured course. Liz Williams is a great educator with extensive knowledge in the Anatomy and Physiology of living with Diabetes. The course helped clarify for me the confusion around type 1 and 2 Diabetes and the complexity of living with this chronic disease. Liz shared an abundance of information and resources.Anna Phillips, Yoga Therapist – Sydney
Benefits of Attending this Workshop:
- Learn from Liz Williams our resident medical trainer and registered Yoga therapist. She is a highly experienced health educator and has been working in the health sector for over 40 years.
- Learn practical tools and techniques that you can apply immediately
- Educate yourself about the safest and most effective way to teach Yoga to your students with diabetes
- Connect with a network of yoga teachers and therapists working in this field
- Deepen your knowledge of Yoga as a therapeutic practice
- Yoga therapists/teachers are eligible for 3 Continuing Professional Development points
- A certificate of attendance is available on completion
The Diabetes and Yoga workshop has been a major game changer for me. I can now teach my group with confidence and with a greater level of knowledgeable expertise.Lorraine Furmston, Yoga teacher, VIC
Diabetes and Yoga Workshop:
Delivery: Online via Live Zoom
Hours: 3 hours of recorded content are included
Cost: $159. Price includes GST.
The recording will be available for 12 months after registration.
You will need: a computer and stable internet connection.