Great Gut Health. How Ayurveda can help
Great gut health is critical for good health and well-being. Poor digestion and dysbiosis is connected with all health conditions. More than one third of Australians have chronic or relapsing unexplained gastrointestinal symptoms. (1)
Ayurveda provides a holistic approach to managing gut health. Ayurveda goes far beyond the usual recommendations around healthy eating, stress, exercise, fermented foods, and prebiotic foods and so on.
Ayurveda avoids a ‘one size fits all’ approach. Instead, it allows you to really tailor dietary and lifestyle recommendations to the individual.
In this workshop, you will develop important skills so you can assess and address gut issues through preventative and curative care. You will learn how to manage your own diet and digestion for optimal health and learn to assist your Yoga students and Yoga therapy clients.
You will learn how digestion can be optimised through kitchen remedies, aware eating, easing the enteric nervous system and cleanses including intermittent fasting.
Module 1 – Conquering Common Digestive Complaints
You will learn how to identify digestive issues using Ayurvedic diagnostic tools including,
- Diagnosis of the digestive fire (agni)
- Tongue diagnosis –identify candida, low enzymes and malabsorption simply and easily
- Understand digestive issues from simple stool and urine analysis
- Belly button diagnosis – how the shape indicates digestive issues
You will learn how to adjust diet and eating habits, according to your client’s current weakness and learn the best way to treat bloat, constipation, diarrhea and reflux by
- Designing a diet for doshic imbalances
- Adapting diet to the seasons
- Including seasonal cleanses
- Understanding Ayurveda’s approach to intermittent fasting
- DIY kitchen remedies for bloat, constipation, diarrhoea, gas, leaky gut and SIBO.
- Using Ayurvedic awareness techniques to calm the enteric nervous system and alleviate IBS
Module 2 – Balance the Microbiome for Optimal Immunity
You will investigate ways to balance the microbiome and improve immunity. Discover the best food, supplements and recipes to optimise gut flora. Medical science is now catching up with what Ayurveda has known for millennia – that 70% of our immune system is located in the gut.
Module 3 – The Latest on the Gut – Brain Connection
Understand the latest research and methods to optimise the gut by activating the vagus nerve and parasympathetic, rest and digest mode. Consider the effect of the emotions on digestion. Learn about the latest scientific studies that help us understand the connection between the microbiome and Ayurveda’s prevention and therapeutic treatment approaches.
Module 4 – Overcoming Obesity, Insulin Resistance and Prediabetes
You will gain a sound understanding of the links between diet and digestion, as they relate to obesity, insulin resistance and prediabetes. You will also consider case studies and current statistics.
Great Gut Health and Ayurveda Workshop
Each session of this workshop includes:
- 1 hour 20 minute – Presentation
- 10 minute – Q&A
Who Should Attend?
- Yoga therapists, Yoga teachers and Yoga teacher trainees
- Medical doctors, health professionals and complementary therapists who want to use Ayurvedic tools and techniques to assist their clients
Benefits of Attending this Workshop:
- Learn from Caroline Robertson leading Ayurveda educator and practitioner and experienced Naturopath.
- Educate yourself about safe and effective Ayurvedic principles and practices, tools and techniques that you can use with your students and clients
- Deepen your knowledge of Ayurveda as a therapeutic practice
- Yoga therapists/teachers are eligible for 3 Continuing Professional Development points
- Receive a Certificate of Attendance when you complete the workshop
- The recordings will be available to you for 12 months so you can review the material
You will need: a computer and stable internet connection.
Great Gut Health Workshop:
Delivery: On Demand Now
Cost: $240. Price includes GST