Online workshop series on Yoga for Healthy Ageing available on demand. Do you have yoga students aged over 65? Do you know all the age related physical and mental changes that occur in this age group? Can you safely modify yoga practices for your over 65s?
If not, then these 5 online workshops are a MUST.
Session 1. Cardiovascular & Respiratory systems: how ageing affects these systems & the effects on health.
Session 2. Musculoskeletal system: ageing changes to muscles, fascia, bones, tendons and ligaments.
Session 3. Gastro-intestinal, renal and urogenital functions of the body as we age.
Session 4. Immune, lymphatic and hormonal changes in the older body.
Session 5. Cognition and mental health in older people.
You will learn – for each topic –
- The Primary ageing changes for each system
- How these Primary Ageing changes impact on a healthy lifestyle
- The most common diseases affecting that system and their impact on healthy ageing
- Evidence based yoga interventions to aid in maintaining the functioning of these systems.
Each workshop recording includes:
- 1 hour Presentation with slides
- 20 min Practice Session with research/Evidence based Yoga Interventions
- 10 min Q&A
Who Should Attend the Yoga for Healthy Ageing Course?
- Yoga therapists, yoga teachers and yoga teacher trainees
- Medical doctors, health professionals and complementary therapists who want to use evidence-based, Yoga practices in their work
Benefits of Attending this Workshop:
- Learn from Liz Williams, leading “Yoga for seniors” educator and healthy aging specialist
- Learn practical tools and techniques that you can apply immediately with your students and clients
- Educate yourself about the safest and most effective way to teach Yoga to your older students
- Connect with a network of yoga teachers and therapists working in this field
- Deepen your knowledge of Yoga as a therapeutic practice
- Yoga therapists/teachers are eligible for 7.5 Continuing Professional Development points
“I enjoyed the first workshop on Yoga for Healthy Ageing with Liz Williams very much. She has a depth of knowledge and experience and transmits it to participants in an engaging way. The brief practical asana demonstrations were spot on . Effective and relevant for our aging students.”Pam Bleakley, Yoga teacher, ACT
You will need: a computer and stable internet connection, a yoga mat, loose/comfortable clothing.
Note: this course does not teach set yoga sequences for a condition. You can use the information provided to help you develop programs for your students.
The recording will be available to you for 30 days after purchase.
Yoga for Healthy Ageing Course Cost: