Immune disorders (one in 20) and allergies (one in five) are at an all time high in Australia1.. Immune function depends on a number of factors including the environment, genes chronic stress, ageing and the Immune System. Scientists now know that these can create a series of appropriate or inappropriate immune responses. Inflammation is one such reaction that can be appropriate and create healing or inappropriate and lead to many other problems, such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Cancer and Dementia. An increasing body of evidence is emerging to show the benefits of Yoga in building a more effective immune response. In this workshop you will learn about the Yoga practices that can create a healthy immune response or improve the immune response of those with immune disorders.
You will learn:
- The physiology of the Immune System.
- The immune response in terms of genes, environment, stress response, ageing.
- The effect of appropriate and inappropriate immune response.
- The Immune System and its functioning from Yoga Philosophy.
- The conditions associated with over immune response and under immune response.
- The application of Yoga to improve both over and under immune responses.
- Yoga practices and modifications that can be used for existing immune disorders such as Rheumatoid Arthritis and MS.
- Yoga practices and modifications that can be used for compromised immune function, such as during cancer treatment.
- Yoga practices that can be used when our immune system is at risk, such as at change of seasons or when travelling into different time zones.
- The evidence-based research that supports the yoga practices we shall be doing from the fields of Yoga, Immune Function, Neuroscience and the Autonomic Nervous System including Vagal Theory.
- Contra-indications and precautions for practices.
Who Should Attend?
- Yoga therapists, yoga teachers and yoga teacher trainees
- Medical doctors, health professionals and complementary therapists who want to use evidence-based, Yoga practices in their work
Benefits of attending this workshop:
- Learn from Annette Loudon, leading specialist in Yoga and the immune system
- Learn practical tools and techniques that you can apply immediately with your students and clients
- Educate yourself about the safest and most effective way to teach Yoga to your students with conditions affecting the immune system
- Connect with a network of yoga teachers and therapists working in this field
- Deepen your knowledge of Yoga as a therapeutic practice
- Yoga teachers are eligible for 14 Continuing Professional Development points
Date: 22 – 23 June 2019, 9am – 5pm
Venue: The Centre, Randwick, NSW
Cost: $450 for the first 10 bookings and then $550 thereafter. Book now to save $100.
Click here to download Event Information.