Anxiety is the most common mental health condition in Australia. On average, 1 in 4 people will experience anxiety. Yoga therapy is an effective complementary tool in the management of anxiety and stress when used correctly.
This workshop will be conducted by Sal Flynn. Sal Flynn is an anxiety specialist and highly experienced and engaging Yoga therapy educator and mentor. In this workshop you will integrate the principles and practices of yoga, yoga therapy, neuroscience, and mindfulness and learn practices that we as yoga teachers and therapists can offer to support our clients and students who experience anxiety.
In this Workshop you will:
- Understand what anxiety is and how it affects relationships with self and others.
- Learn how normal, energising anxiety can shift into dysfunctional and life limiting fear.
- Understand how mindfulness and yoga may change the brain processes that are involved in the regulation and dysregulation of bodymind systems, especially in the midst of fear and anxiety.
- Apply meditation, yoga and neuroscience principles to increase your understanding of conditioning and habits that are rooted in fear and craving.
- Learn gentle, mindful yoga practices that can be used to transform fear, stress and anxiety.
- Experience techniques that calm the body, brain and nervous system.
- Learn practices that increase a wholesome awareness of sensations, movements, and emotions.
- Understand the power of your Enteric Nervous System and its role in balancing mood. • How to tap into the practices of self-compassion and interoception.
“The Yoga Therapy for anxiety and stress workshop with Sal Flynn was wonderful. Sal is a fantastic presenter and facilitator whose endless knowledge and phenomenal ability to engage an audience is so special. As always, Sal finds the right balance between facts and experience. Her unique way of combining the latest research in the field with a dynamic variety of practices is great. I enjoyed every moment of it!”Lee Bachar-Adler, NSW
Who Should Attend?
- Yoga therapists and yoga teachers and yoga teacher trainees
- Medical doctors, health professionals and complementary therapists who want to use evidence-based, Yoga practices in their work
- Benefits of attending the Yoga Therapy for Anxiety and Stress workshop
- • Learn from Sal Flynn, leading Yoga therapy educator and anxiety and stress specialist
- • Learn practical tools and techniques that you can apply immediately with your students and clients
- • Educate yourself about the latest research in Yoga and anxiety and stress
- • Connect with a network of yoga teachers and therapists working in this field
- • Deepen your knowledge of Yoga as a therapeutic practice
- • Yoga teachers are eligible for 14 Continuing Professional Development points
Benefits of Attending the Yoga Therapy for Anxiety & Stress Workshop
- Learn from Sal Flynn, leading Yoga therapy educator and anxiety and stress specialist
- Learn practical tools and techniques that you can apply immediately with your students and clients
- Educate yourself about the latest research in Yoga and anxiety and stress
- Connect with a network of yoga teachers and therapists working in this field
- Deepen your knowledge of Yoga as a therapeutic practice
- Yoga teachers are eligible for 14 Continuing Professional Development points