Yoga & Meditation Retreat in India –
Imagine immersing yourself in the sights and sounds of incredible India on this journey of self-discovery when you join us for a Yoga and Meditation Retreat and Cultural Tour to North and East India.
India is the birthplace of Yoga and has been a place of deep spiritual practice for millennia – a retreat in India is a journey to the deepest reaches of the self.
The last retreat we offered with Sal Flynn offered SOLD OUT in 3 weeks
Retreat & Tour Highlights
- 15 Yoga, meditation, relaxation and mindfulness sessions
- Internationally acclaimed retreat leader and group facilitator Sal Flynn
- Destinations include Kolkata, Varanasi, New Delhi and Agra
- Explore Kolkata, the “Cultural Capital” of India
- View the vibrant Flower Market
- Enjoy a walking tour of the historic Dalhousie area
- Witness artisan at work at the Kumartoli (Potters Quarter)
- Visit the Mother House where Mother Teresa lived and worked
- Walk the ancient streets of the oldest continuous living city
- Wind your way through the hidden alleys of the Northern Bazaar
- Enjoy the flower market & Manikarnika Ghat (Cremation Ground)
- Visit Sarnath where Lord Buddha gave his first sermon
- Join pilgrims performing rituals on the banks of the Ganges River
- Immerse yourself in the sacred evening Aarti Ceremony
- Watch the sunset from a private boat on the Ganges
- Take a cycle rickshaw through the narrow, bustling alleyways of the fabled Chandni Chowk
- View Humayun’s Tomb, UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Visit Jama Masjid, one of the largest mosques in India
- Explore Gandhi’s House & Museum
- Attend evening AARTI & KIRTAN, dedicated to Lord Krishna at the ISKCON Temple
- Dine at Govindas Restaurant at ISKCON Temple
- Visit the architectural masterpiece that is the Taj Mahal
- Explore Agra’s city’s hidden laneways, bustling spice market, and religious mosques and temples.
Visiting India is both exhilarating and challenging. The trip will offer you the opportunity to be deeply moved and inspired during your immersion into this extraordinary country and ancient culture.
The trip was everything I hoped for. It was a fabulous group of dynamic, interesting people. The Yoga with Sal Flynn was wonderful and Bhutan….well, what can I say?? It is still a relatively, unspoilt destination and we had such an authentic experience.Nanette Watson, Yoga teacher/therapist
Yoga & Meditation Retreat in India
During the Yoga, mindfulness and meditation sessions we will draw from the vast wisdom of yoga. We will make contact with our innate wisdom, which is a vast resource of strength and compassion.
We will draw on the elements of Earth and Fire in our morning practice. the afternoon practice will be restorative, quieting and calming.
WHY TRAVEL WITH US?
- We source the best sites to see and the best places to stay and eat so you don’t have to spend hours researching it yourself
- Your retreat tour is combined with travel to the top cultural and spiritual destinations in North and East India.
- You will experience a retreat with one of Australia’s leading Yoga retreat leaders and group facilitators, Sal Flynn
- Travel with like-minded people
- We work with specialist travel agents, Bhutan & Beyond, who have decades of experience in running group tours to Bhutan
- They provide excellent customer service right from the time of your booking and detailed, up to the minute travel advice, including visas, currency, flight booking – critical when travelling to developing countries
- Plus we work directly with travel partners on the ground to ensure you don’t have to do anything except immerse yourself in the experience.
Cost – Yoga & Meditation Retreat in India
A $500 deposit is required to secure your booking.
Early Bird Price AUD $6,796.00 per person twin share – early bird for the first 5 people to book
Price Thereafter, AUD $6,796.00 per person twin share
Single Supplement AUD $1,448.00 per person (single room)
Airfares are additional
Travel insurance with Covid-19 cover is available at an additional cost
28 January – 8 February 2025
Please complete the form below if you would like to receive updates on this retreat.