Mentoring Groups are designed to provide a supportive environment for professional development for Yoga Therapists. These groups provide therapists with an opportunity to discuss client treatment programs and gain new insights so you can consider ways to assist your clients more effectively.
Benefits of Attending a Mentoring Group
Mentoring groups offer a range of professional, educational and therapeutic benefits. Specifically, mentoring offers –
- a supportive environment for ongoing development of your knowledge, training and skills as a Yoga therapist
- a forum to obtain feedback about your client’s treatment programs and obtain new or different perspectives from the group facilitator and your peers so you can consider a range of ways you can assist your clients more effectively
- an opportunity to foster relationships with your peers and cultivate a community of like minded professionals
- an environment to explore and enhance self-care strategies to avoid burn out and isolation
- is more cost effective than private mentoring sessions
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points with both Yoga Australia and Australian Association of Yoga Therapists
Who Can Attend?
To be eligible to attend these groups you should be an AAYT recognised Yoga therapist and/or a qualified Yoga teacher who works with clients one to one in a therapeutic context. Ongoing attendance is at the discretion of the facilitator.
Where are Mentoring Groups available?
Mentoring Group sessions are available in Bondi Junction in Sydney, NSW.
Each sessions run for 3 hours and numbers are strictly limited.
Venue: The Yoga School, Bondi Junction
Cost: $300 for 4 sessions