How understanding your body-type can lead to more happiness, health and well-being!
According to Ayurveda, there are five fundamental elements that make up the universe. These are space, air, fire, water and earth. These five elements also make up the human physiology.
At conception our constitution is determined. This is known as our prakriti in Sanskrit. This constitution is determined by the proportion of each of the five elements. We all have each of the elements but in different quantities – this is what makes us unique!
The proportion of elements in our body gives us our unique body shape. Body-type is analysed based on our body shape when we are healthy.
When you understand your constitution and which elements predominant in your body, you can make better decisions on the most suitable food, type of work, relationships and climate. You can also determine why certain food, people, climate or situations make you unsettled or out of balance!
Understanding all of this will help you –
- increase your self-awareness,
- improve your productivity
- determine what you are designed to do
- minimise stress in your life
- improve your health and well-being
- cultivate lasting happiness!
Let us start by determining our body-type. Fill in the questionnaire below.
Body Type Questionnaire
Before you do the questionnaire note:
- All of us have all elements
- We are analysing the body type based on our shape
- Answer based on when you are normal or healthy
- It is normal to have more than one element predominance
- This questionnaire tells us which are our 1 or 2 predominant elements