The principles and approach of the ancient health system of Ayurveda, complement and integrate successfully with yoga therapy and yoga as a whole. Achieving and maintaining good health is multi- dimensional. Ayurveda’s holistic approach targets and identifies the imbalances of the human system. It aims to rebalance the body and increase longevity. This workshop will be valuable if you want to introduce Ayurveda into your work as a yoga therapist, yoga teacher and for your own health.
In this workshop you will learn:
- The foundation and principles of Ayurveda
- How and when to integrate yoga therapy with Ayurveda
- The qualities and characteristics of the Dosha
- Basic skills in identifying the imbalance in the body (Vikriti)
- Understanding specific lifestyle and nutritional guidelines to bring the body back to balance
- Understanding the emphasis on correct nutrition in accordance to the dosha
- The 6 different tastes required for a balanced diet
- The most common imbalances of the body
Who Should Attend?
- Yoga therapists, yoga teachers and yoga teacher trainees
- Medical doctors, health professionals and complementary therapists who want to learn more about this ancient healing science
Benefits of attending the Ayurveda Fundamentals workshop:
- Learn from Louise Godfrey, experienced Yoga therapist and educator.
- Learn practical tools and techniques that you can apply immediately with your students and clients
- Connect with a network of yoga teachers and therapists
- Deepen your knowledge of Ayurveda as a therapeutic practice
- Yoga teachers are eligible for 7 CPD points, as the content is related to Yoga
- Educate yourself about Ayurveda and how you can incorporate it into your work as a Yoga therapist/teacher so you can assist your clients more effectively